Grandma Re's Baguette French Toast Casserole
A decadent baguette French toast casserole dish with an amazingly sweet taste I could die for. Serve with butter and syrup.
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Place baguette slices into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 2. Combine half-and-half, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Pour over bread slices, cover the baking pan, and store in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Uncover pan. Combine brown sugar, pecans, margarine, and corn syrup in a bowl and spoon over bread mixture, making sure to touch each slice.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, about 40 minutes.
serving: 1 9x13-inch casserole
calories: 461.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 49.2 g
protein: 11.2 g
saturated fat: 6.7 g
cholesterol: 129 mg
sodium: 409.6 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 25.9 g