Brandy Glazed Carrots
This is a quick and easy vegetable side dish that looks and tastes great. Best of all, it can be prepared one or two days in advance!
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in brown sugar until dissolved; add brandy, orange juice, and cornstarch. Stirring constantly, bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over carrots in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 119.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 18.6 g
protein: 1.6 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 10.2 mg
sodium: 132.6 mg
fiber: 4.3 g
sugar: 10.5 g