Passover Matzo Lasagna
You won't miss the lasagna noodles in this quick to assemble dairy passover dish. Whole Matzo boards are used in place of the noodles.
- 6 matzo sheets
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (24 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Soak matzo sheets in a large bowl of hot water until tender, about 30 seconds. Drain. Combine eggs, cottage cheese, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Pour 1/2 of a cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Place 2 matzo sheets over the sauce, then pour another layer of sauce over the sheets. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top, then another layer of sauce. Continue layering until all the matzo sheets are used, finishing with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
serving: 1 - 9x13 inch pan
calories: 241.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 23.2 g
protein: 16.4 g
saturated fat: 4.5 g
cholesterol: 83.8 mg
sodium: 636.9 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 6.8 g