St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Pie
I will warn you, if you dare put this in your mouth, you won't be able to stop! That won't be to great for your health, but I think most of you can indulge in a simple guilty pleasure such as this one. With the recipe comes a story... Once upon a time a fairy and a troll had a child they later named Leonardo, he was short and loved rainbow, gold, and green. He wants this pie! Serve with whipped cream and ice cream. Sprinkles don't hurt either!
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 drops green food coloring, or as needed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set a rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2. Stir graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar together in a bowl until combined. Press the magical creation into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Let crust cool on a wire rack; leave oven on.
- 4. Whisk condensed milk and egg yolks together in a bowl until well combined. Add key lime juice and zest; mix well. Whisk in honey to combine. Add food coloring gradually, whisking until filling is green enough for you. Pour filling over the crust.
- 5. Bake until nearly set, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely on the wire rack so pie can set fully, at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
serving: 1 9-inch pie
calories: 327.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.9 g
protein: 6.3 g
saturated fat: 8.2 g
cholesterol: 138.2 mg
sodium: 147.1 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 36.3 g