Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
I am not normally a cupcake fan, but this is my favorite cupcake recipe! I have made it over and over and people love it.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (such as Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe®)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 4 eggs, divided
- ½ cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- ¾ cup miniature chocolate chips, or more to taste, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. Combine cake mix, water, 3 eggs, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- 3. Blend cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla extract together in a blender until cheesecake filling is smooth; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheesecake filling into each cupcake.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
- 5. Frost each cupcake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over each cupcake.
serving: 24 servings
calories: 309.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 36.3 g
protein: 3.3 g
saturated fat: 6.4 g
cholesterol: 41.3 mg
sodium: 263.2 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 27 g