Clean Eating Fall Salad
This fall inspired salad is perfect if your into clean eating. It tastes best served slightly warm and features a combination of fresh spinach, seeds, nuts, cranberries, avocado, and hot roasted sweet potatoes seasoned with a generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- 1 ½ cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and boil until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Spread out sweet potatoes on an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Add walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries during the last 5 minutes of roasting and mix with the sweet potatoes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 5. Arrange spinach on a salad platter. Spread warm sweet potato-nut mixture on top, add chopped avocado, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Mix gently with salad tongs before serving.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 198.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 17.7 g
protein: 4.8 g
saturated fat: 1.8 g
sodium: 64.7 mg
fiber: 5 g
sugar: 6.1 g