This recipe was adapted from one of my favorite methods of preparing broccoli and cauliflower - roasting at high heat with the bold flavor of chili powder. The result with kale is a little outrageous - fiery flavor with a unique crispy texture!
- 4 cups kale, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Place the kale into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss until evenly coated, then sprinkle with the chili powder and kosher salt, and toss again. Spread the seasoned kale onto a baking sheet.
- 3. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, then stir the kale, and continue roasting until the edges become brown and a little crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 70.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.8 g
protein: 2.5 g
saturated fat: 0.6 g
sodium: 288.9 mg
fiber: 2 g
sugar: 0.1 g