Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
The fluffiest paleo, grain-free, gluten-free chocolate muffin you're ever gonna taste! Optional: Add a few more chocolate chips and chopped nuts to the top… they look pretty with more decoration on top! Remember, you eat with your eyes first!
- 1 cup coconut milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup cassava flour (such as Otto's)
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, or more to taste
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2. Mix coconut milk and vinegar together in a small bowl. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In the meantime, whisk cassava flour, potato starch, psyllium husk, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Toss in chocolate chips and pecans.
- 4. Whisk melted butter, cocoa powder, and coconut oil together in another bowl until cocoa powder is completely incorporated. Add coconut milk mixture, eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract and whisk again until completely mixed.
- 5. Pour egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula to combine. Let batter sit for 5 minutes so flours can settle and thicken slightly.
- 6. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- 7. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Tip muffins onto their sides to finish cooling.
serving: 7 muffins
calories: 396.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 47.9 g
protein: 4.5 g
saturated fat: 14.8 g
cholesterol: 70.6 mg
sodium: 316.1 mg
fiber: 3.1 g
sugar: 15 g