Scott's Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Mashers
Mashed sweet potato and butternut squash. This is a recipe that tastes great with no salt or sugar added and contains lots of fiber.
- 3 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 butternut squash- peeled, seeded and cubed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup sugar free maple flavored syrup
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes and butternut squash into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- 2. Mash the sweet potatoes and butternut squash, then add cinnamon, nutmeg, and syrup. Mix until smooth.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 144.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 35.6 g
protein: 2.9 g
saturated fat: 0.1 g
sodium: 53.1 mg
fiber: 5.8 g
sugar: 7.1 g