Black-eyed peas in a zesty marinade make a wonderful dip for tortilla chips or bread. Serve at room temperature.
- 1 pound dry black-eyed peas
- 2 cups Italian-style salad dressing
- ½ cup diced jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion
- 2 ounces diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1. Place black-eyed peas in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes, or until black-eyed peas are tender.
- 2. Drain black-eyed peas. Cover with Italian-style salad dressing.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together jalapeno, onion, pimento peppers, garlic, green bell pepper, and ground black pepper. Toss in black-eyed pea mixture. Chill in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight before serving.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 257.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.6 g
protein: 9.6 g
saturated fat: 1.9 g
sodium: 656.3 mg
fiber: 5 g
sugar: 7.6 g