Gratin de Courgettes au Parmesan (Zucchini and Parmesan Gratin)
A delicious way to prepare zucchini.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion, carrots, and parsley until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and saute until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Butter a baking dish. Heat a kettle or pot of water to boiling.
- 3. Beat eggs, cream, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl; stir in zucchini mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 4. Place a clean kitchen towel in the bottom of a roasting pan. Arrange the baking dish on top of the towel and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the baking dish, creating a water bath.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and set, about 45 minutes.
serving: 1 8-inch square baking dish
calories: 275.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 12 g
protein: 11.4 g
saturated fat: 12 g
cholesterol: 192.1 mg
sodium: 320.8 mg
fiber: 3 g
sugar: 5.7 g