Leeky Butternut Squash with Sage Sausage
Crowd-pleasing, simple minimal ingredient recipe that we had to force ourselves away from the table to stop eating. Good blend of simple flavors that make great leftovers. Serve over white jasmine rice.
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- ½ leek, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ (16 ounce) package pork sage sausage (such as Jimmy Dean®)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Place butternut squash and leek in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Roast in the preheated oven until butternut squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Broil on high until evenly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4. Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir into butternut squash and leek mixture.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 351 kcal
carbohydrates: 38.5 g
protein: 11 g
saturated fat: 5.2 g
cholesterol: 32.4 mg
sodium: 558.3 mg
fiber: 6.5 g
sugar: 7.3 g