Chickpea and Cauliflower Stew
This is a quick and easy cauliflower stew with just enough heat to tingle the taste buds. Serve over brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or to taste
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and jalapeno pepper; cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, coriander, turmeric, curry, and garam masala. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour in broth and stir thoroughly. Add cauliflower and chickpeas.
- 2. Bring stew to a boil. Cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 209.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.6 g
protein: 7.3 g
saturated fat: 0.7 g
sodium: 563.7 mg
fiber: 7.7 g
sugar: 5.5 g