Easy Raspberry Chicken with Coconut Rice
This is a really easy recipe for raspberry chicken with rice. It is by far my favorite quick meal and I always make extra so I have some to take to work for lunch the next day!
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half - cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- 1. In a large pot, bring to a boil the water, coconut milk, ginger, and rice; cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, lemon pepper, and chicken; shake to coat.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken strips and rosemary, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove chicken pieces from pan, and set aside. Pour raspberry vinegar into skillet, and simmer until reduced by half. Return chicken to skillet, and cook until all liquid is absorbed. Serve with coconut rice.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 588.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 51.6 g
protein: 37 g
saturated fat: 8.9 g
cholesterol: 85.6 mg
sodium: 438.9 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 4.4 g