Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti
Unexpectedly delicious--bacon, onion, mushrooms, and tomato sauce combine to make a pasta sauce that's the ultimate in comfort food and very quick to prepare.
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking, brown the bacon with onion in a large pan over medium heat until the bacon is almost crisp, about 10 minutes; drain excess fat, and stir in the mushrooms and tomato sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil. Return the cooked spaghetti to the pot, mix with sauce, and serve.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 469.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 68.9 g
protein: 22 g
saturated fat: 3.7 g
cholesterol: 27.3 mg
sodium: 1491.3 mg
fiber: 5.8 g
sugar: 9.5 g