Gluten-Free Coco-Nola (Granola)
I was having a hard time finding a commercial gluten-free granola that wasn't too sweet, and that didn't have fruit in it. This recipe is my take on a bowl of heaven! I keep it in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, in the freezer. Taste test for sweetness before baking!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2. Place oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, cocoa powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3. Combine almond milk, brown rice syrup, molasses, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Stir into the oats mixture with a large spoon until evenly coated. Spread onto 2 large baking sheets.
- 4. Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven, stirring every 30 minutes, until dry and crunchy, about 2 hours. Turn off heat; leave granola in the oven until cool enough to handle, 25 to 30 minutes.
serving: 16 servings
calories: 207.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 26.9 g
protein: 4.7 g
saturated fat: 5.1 g
sodium: 71.9 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 11.9 g