Butternut Curry Soup
Combine the complex flavors of curry with seasonal butternut squash to create a soup that is perfect on your holiday table or for any cold weather meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sliced leeks or chopped shallots
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh chives
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook leeks 3 minutes. Add squash, curry powder and sugar; cook 2 minutes.
- 2. Add broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is soft. Remove from heat.
- 3. Puree squash mixture with immersion blender or in food processor or blender until smooth. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt and chives, if desired.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 150.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 22.7 g
protein: 2.4 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 15.8 mg
sodium: 516.9 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 7.1 g