An easy full-flavored soup filled with meat, beans and plenty of vegetables. It will leave you hungry for more!
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1 bunch celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, canned
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1. Place the beef stew meat and onions in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until evenly brown
- 2. In a large saucepan, place the meat, onions, tomato juice, celery, green beans, carrots, peas, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 hours.
- 3. Stir in the kidney beans. Cook 15 minutes longer and serve warm.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 352.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.8 g
protein: 20.9 g
saturated fat: 6 g
cholesterol: 52.3 mg
sodium: 1345.9 mg
fiber: 6.8 g
sugar: 14.8 g