Buffalo Tempeh Tenders
Buffalo tempeh tenders are a vegetarian version of everyone's favorite Buffalo chicken tenders, just perfect for tailgating!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- vegetable oil
- ½ cup Buffalo wing sauce, or to taste
- ½ cup blue cheese salad dressing, or to taste
- 1. Whip egg in a bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour matzo meal into a separate bowl.
- 2. Dip tempeh slices in egg, then coat in matzo meal to coat completely.
- 3. Heat oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry breaded tempeh until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to cool briefly.
- 4. Transfer tempeh to a bowl and add enough Buffalo wing sauce to cover. Cover bowl and shake until evenly coated. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 455.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 39.6 g
protein: 17.4 g
saturated fat: 5.2 g
cholesterol: 51.7 mg
sodium: 1190.1 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 1.4 g