It has everything: sausage, beans, pasta, potatoes, and lots of vegetables.
- ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup ditalini pasta
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir Italian sausage in hot oil until about half browned, about 5 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and onion; continue to cook and stir until the sausage is completely browned, about 5 minutes more. Drain and discard some of the fat if you find it too greasy.
- 2. Stir potatoes into the sausage mixture, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the potatoes begin to soften, about 7 minutes more.
- 3. Pour chicken broth and water into the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a flat-edged spoon. Add tomatoes and again bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are completely soft, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Stir zucchini and kale into the liquid; simmer until zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Stir cannellini beans and ditalini pasta into the liquid; cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese and splash of olive oil.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 324.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 35.3 g
protein: 12.8 g
saturated fat: 4 g
cholesterol: 19.5 mg
sodium: 906.2 mg
fiber: 5.8 g
sugar: 4.7 g