Simple Almond Milk
Almond milk naturally contains fewer calories than plain soy or skim milk, and has higher amounts of calcium, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin A. Almond milk is our absolute favorite dairy replacement beverage, and is fantastic in lattes.
- ¾ cup almonds
- 16 fluid ounces water, divided
- 2 dates, pitted, or more to taste
- 1. Put almonds in a bowl and pour enough water into bowl to cover almonds; soak for 8 hours to overnight.
- 2. Pour soaking water out of bowl and combine almonds, 8 ounces water, and dates in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Add remaining 8 ounces water and blend for 30 seconds more.
- 3. Pour mixture through a nut milk bag into a large bowl, massaging the bag until all the liquid is through.
- 4. Spread remaining almond meal in the nut milk bag onto sheet on dehydrator tray to dry, grind in coffee grinder, and use as almond meal.
serving: 18 ounces
calories: 220.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.2 g
protein: 7.7 g
saturated fat: 1.4 g
sodium: 5.2 mg
fiber: 4.6 g
sugar: 5.2 g