Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Balls
Crunchy peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. A favorite Christmas cookie in my family for at least three generations. Can be refrigerated, frozen, or eaten immediately.
- 1 ½ cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Mix corn flakes cereal, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter together in a bowl. Scoop mixture using a melon baller into balls and arrange on a plate or baking sheet. Refrigerate until solid, at least 3 hours.
- 2. Melt chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Grease a baking sheet.
- 4. Gently roll peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate until evenly coated; arrange on the same baking sheet.
serving: 45 balls
calories: 75.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 9.6 g
protein: 1.2 g
saturated fat: 1.8 g
cholesterol: 2 mg
sodium: 41.9 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 6.3 g