Italian Sausage and Pepper Skillet Dinner
Beef sausage, red bell pepper, and Knorr® Rice Sides™ Herb and Butter make a quick weeknight meal sure to satisfy the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons buttery spread
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) beef smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1. Melt buttery spread over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage. Saute until sausage is lightly browned on the edges and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl; keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, prepare Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter according to package directions.
- 3. When rice is tender, transfer the meat and vegetable mixture back to the skillet. Increase heat to medium low. Stir in milk, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Serve with additional cheese if desired.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 525.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.7 g
protein: 19.2 g
saturated fat: 20.4 g
cholesterol: 70.6 mg
sodium: 1240.9 mg
fiber: 3.3 g
sugar: 2.1 g