Cranberry Nut Whole Wheat Yeast Bread
Soft white whole wheat bread with the delicious combination of sweet cranberries and savory nuts.
- 3 ⅓ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- 1. Place white whole wheat flour, water, agave syrup, oil, flax seeds, vital wheat gluten, yeast, and salt in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Run "dough" cycle. Add cranberries, hazelnuts, almonds, and pistachios during the second kneading cycle.
- 2. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan. Remove dough from the machine. Punch down gently and form into a loaf. Place in the pan. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until top of the loaf is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
serving: 1 loaf
calories: 287.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.5 g
protein: 8 g
saturated fat: 1 g
sodium: 241.3 mg
fiber: 7.4 g
sugar: 11 g