Chopped Apple and Manchego Salad
This unexpected, vibrant, fresh salad can be enjoyed alone. It can also be served in a variety of vessels as an appetizer--such as atop crostini, in mini phyllo cups, or in endive cups.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 Granny Smith apples, diced into 1/8-inch cubes
- ¾ cup Manchego cheese, diced into 1/8-inch cubes
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- 2. Mix apples, Manchego cheese, chives, and almonds together in a large bowl. Pour in lemon juice dressing and toss to combine.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 539.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 38.1 g
protein: 10.3 g
saturated fat: 10 g
cholesterol: 30.3 mg
sodium: 666.2 mg
fiber: 6 g
sugar: 30.8 g