Moist Slow Cooker Roast Beef without Vegetables
A moist version of slow cooker roast beef without vegetables that has simple ingredients that combine to make a savory flavor. The gravy made from this beef needs no extra seasoning and is a great enhancement to add to the beef and whichever side dish you choose.
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, or as needed
- 1. Rub beef roast with garlic salt and black pepper. Place the roast in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 2. Mix Worcestershire, soy sauce, and red wine vinegar together; pour over the beef roast. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the beef. Pour water into the slow cooker around the roast, not over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low until no longer pink in the center and fork-tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- 4. Transfer the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until bubbling and mix in cornstarch to thicken.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 231.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 3.8 g
protein: 17 g
saturated fat: 6.4 g
cholesterol: 64.6 mg
sodium: 637.7 mg
fiber: 0.2 g
sugar: 0.8 g