Quinoa Summer Salad
If you are looking for something different and distinct to bring to a summer barbeque, you have found the perfect recipe. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. The lack of allergy-inducing ingredients does not reflect the intense sensory-flavor experience you and your guests will enjoy.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 ½ large red onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 grinds black pepper from a grinder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a pot; add white quinoa and red quinoa. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 minutes. Set quinoa aside to cool while you complete the remaining steps.
- 2. Combine red onions, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, sea salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Stir in white and red quinoa.
- 3. Whisk olive oil and lime juice together in a separate bowl; pour over quinoa mixture. Stir to coat. Add cilantro and stir to incorporate. Cover salad and refrigerate for flavors to blend, at least 4 hours.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 239.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.9 g
protein: 6.4 g
saturated fat: 0.9 g
sodium: 235.6 mg
fiber: 4.9 g
sugar: 2.3 g