Pumpkin Chai Pie (Dairy-Free)
I make this nearly every year for Thanksgiving, and it's always a hit. I usually make it dairy-free using almond milk, but it's possible to do with cow's milk as well. Taking a bit of a detour from the traditional pumpkin pie flavor with the added chai spice, this is a great dish for adding an extra bit of spice (pun intended) to your Thanksgiving this year.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 spiced chai tea bags
- 1 ½ (16 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 prepared deep-dish pie shell
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Bring almond milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; add chai tea bags. Let tea steep for at least 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix pumpkin puree, sugar, ground flax seeds, cinnamon, vegetable oil, and salt together in a large bowl until completely smooth. Pour in chai-flavored almond milk; stir again until smooth. Pour filling into the pie shell.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
serving: 1 9-inch pie
calories: 235.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 37.8 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 2.1 g
sodium: 487.9 mg
fiber: 4 g
sugar: 22.5 g