Quick, easy and very good. I always make it as an appetizer for barbecues at home. Melted Cheddar cheese provides a wonderful, simple topping for the sauteed zucchini slices.
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Prepare the broiler. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- 2. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in zucchini and cook slowly, stirring occasionally until zucchini is soft and golden brown.
- 3. Spread zucchini on the baking sheet and top with cheese.
- 4. Broil until cheese is melted.
serving: 4 cups
calories: 102.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 1.9 g
protein: 4.9 g
saturated fat: 5.5 g
cholesterol: 25.7 mg
sodium: 132.4 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 0.9 g