Sweet Potato-Pineapple Breakfast Bread
When you have tons of sweet potatoes, you can't have enough sweet potato recipes.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Beat 1 cup flour, sweet potatoes, brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir remaining 1 cup flour into batter; fold in pineapple. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 398.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 68.9 g
protein: 6.5 g
saturated fat: 1.9 g
cholesterol: 48 mg
sodium: 310 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 34.5 g