Breakfast Baked Potatoes
These potatoes are perfect as an alternative to the standard breakfast, or make them for dinner. Equally delicious and gooey.
- 1 russet potato, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 1. Place potato on a microwave-safe plate; pierce 3 or 4 times with a fork. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Flip using the fork. Cook for 3 minutes more. Cool potato slightly, about 3 minutes. Cut in halve lengthwise.
- 2. Spread butter evenly over the potato halves. Top each half with a slice of American cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- 3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break eggs and slide gently into the skillet one at a time. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs until whites are firm and yolks begin to thicken, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until yolks thicken to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 4. Place one egg over each potato half; garnish with green onion and sriracha sauce.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 420.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.1 g
protein: 18.4 g
saturated fat: 17.4 g
cholesterol: 258 mg
sodium: 859.4 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 1.5 g