Hearty Vegetarian Enchilada Soup
A chunky, satisfying vegetarian soup.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups drained canned white hominy
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips, or to taste
- ¼ cup sour cream, or to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, or to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; add onion, green bell peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir until onion and bell peppers are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Mix hominy, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, vegetable broth, enchilada sauce, black beans, kidney beans, green chile peppers, and olives into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors combine, about 20 minutes. Season soup with salt.
- 3. Place tortilla chips into serving bowls and top with soup. Garnish each bowl with sour cream and Mexican cheese blend.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 467.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 65.7 g
protein: 14 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 7.2 mg
sodium: 2040.5 mg
fiber: 14.5 g
sugar: 6 g