Easy Eggplant Gratin
You may be surprised that eggplant gratin is this quick and easy to put together.
- 3 pounds eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 extra large egg
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup bottled marinara sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Preheat a grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill eggplant slices until cooked through and evenly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix half-and-half, egg, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl.
- 4. Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in each of 2 individual gratin dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Spoon half the marinara sauce into each dish. Top each with a second layer of eggplant slices, more salt and pepper, half the ricotta mixture, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place the dishes on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until the custard sets and the top is browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 222.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.7 g
protein: 12.7 g
saturated fat: 4.7 g
cholesterol: 75.6 mg
sodium: 469.2 mg
fiber: 12.3 g
sugar: 11 g