A great and inexpensive way to make a nice, buttery brioche crouton.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf brioche, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, or more to taste
- 3 cups garlic butter, melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Place brioche chunks in a large mixing bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic; pour in butter. Mix using a rubber spatula, being careful not to tear the bread. Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
serving: 8 cups croutons
calories: 200.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 6.7 g
protein: 1.5 g
saturated fat: 8 g
cholesterol: 43.5 mg
sodium: 227.6 mg
fiber: 0.2 g
sugar: 1.2 g