As a vegetarian I keep my eyes open for different recipes that are easy to make. I've had this one for years. Tomatoes are stuffed with a buttery corn mixture and baked. Perfect for summer and they make a brightly colored addition to any meal.
- 10 medium tomatoes
- 4 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan.
- 2. Slice the tops off of the tomatoes, and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Place the pulp and seeds into a bowl, and stir in corn and melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the corn mixture into each tomato until filled. Place tomatoes into the cups of the muffin pan.
- 3. Bake for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through.
serving: 10 Servings
calories: 156.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 17.2 g
protein: 2.9 g
saturated fat: 6 g
cholesterol: 24.4 mg
sodium: 499.6 mg
fiber: 2.7 g
sugar: 5.2 g