Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Delicious chocolate frosting!
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 3 ½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes. Cool melted chocolate to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add cocoa powder and beat until well combined. Mix 1 tablespoon coffee into creamed butter mixture; add melted chocolate and mix well.
- 3. Beat confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, into creamed butter mixture, mixing well before each addition until frosting is smooth. Add remaining coffee, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
serving: 32 servings
calories: 119.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 16.2 g
protein: 0.5 g
saturated fat: 4.2 g
cholesterol: 15.3 mg
sodium: 42 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 13.5 g