Barengate Bay Chicken
This chicken dish is a favorite that I frequently make while I am on vacation down on Barnegate Bay in New Jersey. It has a wonderful hint of garlic, and has just the right amount of lemon. I love this recipe because, not only is it delicious, but you can use more or less of the ingredients required. It's all up to you! Remember to serve this with white rice because the sauce is just delicious when mixed in with it. Enjoy!
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can milk
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 fresh button mushrooms
- 2 lemons, quartered and seeded
- 1. In a small saucepan heat soup with milk over low heat; when heated through, set aside. Meanwhile, roll chicken in bread crumbs, pressing hard to make sure chicken is well coated.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. Place coated chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with chopped garlic. Stir chicken broth into soup mixture, and pour mixture all over chicken. Sprinkle with mushrooms, then squeeze lemon over all.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 274.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 12.3 g
protein: 26.5 g
saturated fat: 3 g
cholesterol: 66.9 mg
sodium: 376.4 mg
fiber: 2.3 g
sugar: 3.9 g