Hearty Crab Pizza
A delicious pizza for crab lovers with a special sauce and healthy ingredients! Light butter and fat-free cheese substitute nicely.
- ½ teaspoon corn meal
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a pizza pan and sprinkle corn meal into pan.
- 2. Poke several holes into pizza crust and place into the prepared pizza pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until crust is heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove crust and turn oven heat down to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- 4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir basil, oregano, and Parmesan cheese into onion and garlic. Spread onion mixture evenly over pizza crust; top with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 5. Heat imitation crab in the saucepan over medium-high heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle imitation crab over pizza, followed by tomato and corn kernels. Top pizza with remaining 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Season with Italian seasoning.
- 6. Bake in the hot oven until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 10 to 20 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 557.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 54.8 g
protein: 35.2 g
saturated fat: 13.1 g
cholesterol: 84.3 mg
sodium: 935.2 mg
fiber: 4.3 g
sugar: 5.6 g