Italian Spinach Cheese Pie
This is a dish for the spinach lover. Great the next day also. I look forward to making it every spring when spinach is in season.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (24 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and bell pepper. Spread in the prepared pie dish so that it is a little thinner in the middle.
- 3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the center is set, and the edges are lightly browned.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 175.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 6.3 g
protein: 15 g
saturated fat: 5.7 g
cholesterol: 100.5 mg
sodium: 237.1 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 0.8 g