Instant Pot® Chicken and Tortilla Soup
Perfectly seasoned tortilla soup in under 1 hour. Delicious! Top soup with a dollop of sour cream, non-fat Greek yogurt or non-fat cottage cheese, grated cheese, crushed tortilla chips or tostadas, and avocado.
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- 2 (8 inch) corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1. Combine chicken broth, tomatoes, corn, onion, cauliflower rice, quinoa, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add chicken breast. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 2. Meanwhile heat oil in a skillet over moderately high heat. Add tortilla strips and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3. Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Return chicken to pot to warm. Ladle into soup bowls and top with fried tortilla strips.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 227.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 28.5 g
protein: 20.1 g
saturated fat: 0.7 g
cholesterol: 42.7 mg
sodium: 1345.4 mg
fiber: 4.4 g
sugar: 5.7 g