Skinny Tuna Casserole
This skinny tuna casserole is low fat and great for Weight Watchers®.
- ½ (12 ounce) package yolk-free egg noodles (such as No Yolks®)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup light processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®)
- ¼ cup buttery spread (such as Smart Balance®)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and pour into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- 3. Mix mushroom soup, peas and carrots, skim milk, tuna, processed cheese, buttery spread, and black pepper together in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and stir until cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour sauce over noodles in the casserole dish; mix well. Top with bread crumbs. Cover with foil.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 498.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 59.4 g
protein: 26.2 g
saturated fat: 4.7 g
cholesterol: 18.5 mg
sodium: 1004.1 mg
fiber: 4.5 g
sugar: 6.3 g