Hazelnut Irish Cream
This is a delicious version of Irish Cream liqueur for the chocolate lover. It is sweet and creamy but definitely not for kids! It's great in coffee, over ice cream, or on its own. It's also wonderful as a grown-up frozen dessert; just pour some into your ice-cream maker and freeze as directed. Because of the alcohol, it will not freeze very firm, but it still works nicely. Try it as a family-appropriate dessert by omitting the whiskey.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
- 1 (13 ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Irish whiskey
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and hazelnut spread until well blended. Gradually whisk in the vanilla, evaporated milk, cream, half-and-half and Irish whiskey. Pour into containers and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 day before serving. Shake or stir before serving.