Apple Rhubarb Crisp
Well, I love apple crisps and rhubarb crisp - but didn't like the strawberry. I took a few recipes I found and mixed and matched and got something that everyone loved. Hope you do as well. Apples-to-rhubarb mixture can be tweaked depending on how much you like rhubarb or how tall you want the crisp to be.
- 6 large apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2. Mix apples, rhubarb, 1 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly combined; spread fruit mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- 3. Mix quick oats, 1 1/2 cup flour, and brown sugar in a separate bowl; cut butter into the oats mixture until crumbly. Spread the oats mixture evenly over the fruit mixture. If desired, combine 2 tablespoons white sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the crisp.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until the fruit is bubbling and thick and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes; best served warm.