Lowcountry Tomato Pie
This is a classic Southern recipe from Charleston, South Carolina. Decadent, easy, and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place celery, onion, and green pepper into the skillet, and saute until tender.
- 3. Press biscuits into the prepared baking dish to form a crust. Layer with the tomatoes. Top with the sauteed vegetables.
- 4. In a medium bowl, mix Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt-free seasoning blend. Spread evenly over the vegetables.
- 5. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 279.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 20 g
protein: 8.5 g
saturated fat: 9.5 g
cholesterol: 34.6 mg
sodium: 480.3 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 5.7 g