Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
This is a decadent recipe in high demand by family and friends. Don't anticipate leftovers. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 2 teaspoons milk, or as needed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread pecan halves on a baking sheet.
- 2. Toast pecans in the preheating oven, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 6 to 10 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- 3. Whisk corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, bourbon, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir pecans, dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips into the filling.
- 4. Line a 9-inch fluted glass pie plate with pie crust. Brush milk over crust.
- 5. Bake pie crust in the preheated oven until hot to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour filling into the hot crust.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are firm and center is mostly set, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
serving: 1 9-inch pie
calories: 630 kcal
carbohydrates: 82 g
protein: 6.4 g
saturated fat: 11 g
cholesterol: 88.9 mg
sodium: 336.2 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 44.6 g