Strawberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Spread
What could be better than starting the day with a sweet, fluffy muffin loaded with fresh, juicy strawberries and served with a strawberry cream cheese spread? Not much, I'd say!
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1. Combine cream cheese, strawberries, and honey in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
- 3. Mix strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- 4. Stir flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and orange zest in a small bowl until well blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- 5. Drain strawberries and gently fold into the batter. Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with the strawberry cream cheese spread.
serving: 12 muffins
calories: 235.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 33.4 g
protein: 4.9 g
saturated fat: 3.3 g
cholesterol: 57.6 mg
sodium: 325 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 16.5 g