Zucchini Noodle Casserole
One of my favorite low-calorie dishes that makes me forget about pasta!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or as needed
- 5 zucchini squash, cut into 'noodles' using a spiral slicer or vegetable peeler
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce, or to taste
- 1 (7 ounce) container 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute enough zucchini to fit in the skillet with 1 teaspoon garlic until zucchini is slightly browned and softened, 3 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining olive oil, zucchini, and garlic. Transfer cooked zucchini mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3. Whisk marinara sauce, yogurt, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until sauce is warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour sauce over zucchini mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and a pinch of Italian seasoning over the top.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling, 20 to 30 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 292.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.7 g
protein: 12 g
saturated fat: 4.4 g
cholesterol: 13.8 mg
sodium: 618.1 mg
fiber: 4.8 g
sugar: 14.7 g