Coco-Cola Cake II
Chocolate cake with cola soda and a rich pecan frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Combine flour and white sugar in mixing bowl. Heat 1 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1 cup cola soft drink to boiling and pour over the flour and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- 2. Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows and mix well.
- 3. Bake in a prepared 9 by 13 inch pan for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. While still hot, frost with Coco Cola Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 6 tablespoons cola soft drink and heat to boiling. Pour over 4 cups confectioners' sugar and mix well. Mix in chopped nuts and spread over hot cake.
serving: 1 - 9 x 13 inch pan
calories: 453.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 66.9 g
protein: 3.4 g
saturated fat: 10.5 g
cholesterol: 61.6 mg
sodium: 198.8 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 53.5 g