Baked Ham with Sweet Gravy
Soooo many people have told me they have never had ham gravy. Boy, are they missing out. This is my favorite meal; baked ham with mashed potatoes and ham gravy. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 (8 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can apple juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Place ham in a large roasting pan, cut-side down. Press brown sugar evenly onto ham. Pour apple into roasting pan and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until ham is heated through, about 80 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let ham rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate. Pour remaining pan juices into a saucepan.
- 4. Combine flour and milk in a jar with a lid; shake until mixture is blended.
- 5. Bring pan juices to a boil. Slowly whisk flour mixture into the saucepan until gravy is thick, about 5 minutes.
serving: 16 servings
calories: 608 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.6 g
protein: 42.6 g
saturated fat: 15.1 g
cholesterol: 127.7 mg
sodium: 2920.2 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 8.3 g