Pure Farmland Breakfast Casserole
This fresh, plant-based take on a traditional breakfast casserole packs in the veggies and the flavor.
- 8 Pure Farmland® Plant-Based Protein Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil, then brown the sausage patties on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, add mushrooms and broccoli to the same pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Add hash browns and next 6 ingredients.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add to bowl of vegetable mixture.
- 4. Cut cooked sausage patties into quarters. Add to bowl. Gently fold mixture together to combine.
- 5. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set and top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve.
serving: 1 casserole
calories: 378.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 16.2 g
protein: 22.4 g
saturated fat: 5.8 g
cholesterol: 202.1 mg
sodium: 856.9 mg
fiber: 1.1 g
sugar: 1.5 g